Omnistab AN 245
Omnistab AN 245 is an ethylene bis (oxyethylene) bis-(3-(5-tert-butyl-4-hydroxy-m-tolyl)-propionate). Acts as an antioxidant for processing and long-term thermal stabilization. It has low volatility, good color stability and is odorless. Exhibits high extraction resistance. Omnistab AN 245 protects the substrates against thermo-oxidative degradation during manufacturing, processing and end use. It is compatible with styrene polymers including polystyrenes, ABS, MBS, SB and SBR as well as POM homo-and copolymers. Also compatible with polyurethanes, polyamides, thermoplastic polyesters, PVC and other polymers. It is effective as chain stopper during PVC polymerization. Its recommended dosage level is 0.05-0.1% for long-term thermal stability. Concentrations up to 1.0% can be used depending on the substrate and the requirements of the end application.
More information on Omnistab AN 245?
Fill in the form and we’ll contact you today
- CAS number(s): 36443-68-2
- Chemical name(s): Ethylenebis(oxyethylene)bis-(3-(5-tert-butyl-4-hydroxy-m-tolyl)-propionate)
- Molecular formula: C34H50O8
- Molecular weight (g/mol): 586.8
- Purity (%): 98.00 min
- Melting point/range (ºC): 76.00 - 79.00
- Clarity: Clear
- Loss on drying (%): 0.50 max
- Transmittance 425 nm (%): 95.00 min
- Transmittance 500 nm (%): 97.00 min
- Product form(s): Powder
- Packaging option(s):