Omnistab OB is a 2,5-thiophenediylbis(5-tert-butyl-1,3-benzoxazole). It is a high molecular weight optical brightener / fluorescent whitening agent of the thiophenediyl benzoxazole class. Omnistab OB features excellent resistance to heat, exceptional whitening properties, good light fastness and low volatility. It has a brilliant bluish cast, is readily soluble in organic solvents and features good compatibility in various substrates. Suitable for the optical brightening of polymers at all stages of processing. It is highly effective in polymer substrates such as engineering plastics such as polyesters, polycarbonate, polyamides and acrylics, thermoplastic polyurethane, polyvinylchloride, styrene homo- and copolymers, polyolefins and other organic substrates. Main applications include synthetic leather, fibers, molded articles, films and sheets as well as packaging applications. The use levels of Omnistab OB range between 0.0005 – 0.0010 % in unpigmented polyolefins and 0.005 – 0.100 % in other plastics.
More information on Omnistab OB?
Fill in the form and we’ll contact you today
- CAS number(s): 7128-64-5
- Chemical name(s): 2,5-thiophenediylbis(5-tert-butyl-1,3-benzoxazole)
- Molecular formula: C26H26N2O2S
- Molecular weight (g/mol): 430.56
- EU (EG-No (EINECS/ELINCS)): 230-426-4
- Content (%): 99.00 min
- Melting point/range (ºC): 196 - 205
- Transmittance 450 nm (%): 97.00 min
- Transmittance 500 nm (%): 98.00 min
- Ash (%): 0.30 max
- Volatiles (%): 0.50 max
- Product form(s): Crystal powder, Powder
- Packaging option(s): Fiber drum, Carton