Omnistab UV 234
Omnistab UV 234 is chemically phenol, 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-bis(1-methyl-1-phenylethyl) grade. Acts as a UV absorber. It is a high molecular weight product belonging to hydroxyphenyl benzotriazole class. Imparts excellent light stability to a variety of polymers. Features low volatility, exceptional light absorbing characteristics and good compatibility in various substrates.
This makes the product particularly suitable for applications characterized by high surface area, such as films and fibers. Suitable for polycarbonates, polyalkylene terephthalates, polyacetals, polyamides, polyphenylene sulfide, polyphenylene oxide, aromatic copolymers, thermoplastic polyurethane and polyurethane fibers, as well as for polyvinylchloride, styrene homo- and copolymers. Applications include molded articles, films, sheets and fibers. Use levels of Omnistab UV 234 ranges between 0.15 and 0.60%, depending on substrate and performance requirements of the final application.
More information on Omnistab UV 234?
Fill in the form and we’ll contact you today
- CAS number(s): 70321-86-7
- Chemical name(s): 2-(2H-Benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-bis(1-methyl-1-phenylethyl)phenol
- Molecular formula: C30H29N3O
- Molecular weight (g/mol): 477.57
- EU (EG-No (EINECS/ELINCS)): 274-570-6
- Content (%): 99.00 min
- Melting point/range (ºC): 137.00 - 141.00
- Ash (%): 0.05 max
- Volatiles (%): 0.30 max
- Transmittance 460 nm (%): 97.00 min
- Transmittance 500 nm (%): 98.00 min
- Product form(s): Powder
- Packaging option(s): Carton