Omnistab UV BP 12 (UV 531)
Omnistab UV BP 12 is a benzophenone grade. Acts as a UV absorber. Imparts good light stability when used in combination with a hindered amine light stabilizer (HALS). Shows good compatibility with polyolefins and plasticized PVC. Protects a number of other polymers against degradation caused by light exposure such as plasticized PVC and rubbers. It can also be used in combination with antioxidants, phosphites and other light stabilizers. Suitable for low density and linear low density polyethylene as well as ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymers for agricultural films. It can be used as well as a UV barrier to protect the contents of packages for both industrial and consumer applications. Particularly suitable for thick films, typically > 100 μm and thick sections. Its low vapor pressure prevents losses during processing. Low migration rates reduce the risk of blooming. Also, in combination with HALS, Omnistab UV BP 12 can be used in high density polyethylene molded articles, e. g. in crates. Recommended dosage is 0.10-0.5% for PE and 0.15-0.5% for LLDPE, LDPE and EVA.
More information on Omnistab UV BP 12 (UV 531)?
Fill in the form and we’ll contact you today
- CAS number(s): 1843-05-6
- Chemical name(s): 2-Hydroxy-4-n-octoxybenzophenone
- Molecular formula: C21H 26O3
- Molecular weight (g/mol): 326.43
- EU (EG-No (EINECS/ELINCS)): 217-421-2
- Content (%): 99.00 min
- Melting point/range (ºC): 47 - 49
- Transmittance 460 nm (%): 95.00 min
- Transmittance 500 nm (%): 97.00 min
- Ash (%): 0.10 max
- Product form(s): Crystal powder, Powder, Flake, Granular
- Packaging option(s): Carton