The major use for PVL is in the manufacture of toy balloons where the low modulus offers high and easy inflation. It is also used widely as a ‘seed’ latex for post-vulcanisable dipping compounds where the combination of pre and post vulcanisation provides high product performance. PVL gives a strong gel when compounded in heat sensitised applications particularly when containing filler. It also provides excellent casting characteristics for textiles, metal and other surfaces and has been successfully used as a binder for rubber crumb in sport tracks and playground preparations.
More information on PVL?
Fill in the form and we’ll contact you today
- Total Solid Content (TSC) %: 60.3
- Mechanical Stability (secs): 1250 Average results
- Ammonia content (%): 0.68
- Ford Cup 3 Viscosity @ 25°C (sec): 31.5
- pH: 10.8
- Unaged modulus at 700% (MPa): 9.0
- Unaged tensile strenght (MPa): 28.0
- Unaged elongation at Break (%): 950
- Aged (22hrs at 100ºC ) modulus at 700% (MPa): 50 min
- Aged (22hrs at 100ºC ) tensile strenght: 75 Average results
- Product form(s): Liquid
- Packaging option(s): Drum, IBC, Bulk